Select style & size:Select options
There are two things the cycling industry loves more than a good bike ride: excessively labeling things "SL" and using predatory metaphors. The RHawk Crankset Package is refreshingly honest in both regards. First, though Rotor's meticulous removal of grams via CNC machining does in fact classify the RHawk as Super Light, the brand just lets the damned thing speak for itself. Which it does, coming in at a claimed 665g per pair of 175mm crank arms. Second, it's named after a bird of prey, sure, but its reliable construction, aggressive shaping, and stealth black finish make it look and feel predatory while your pedaling and leaning through enduro laps.
The crank arms' width, a signature Rotor touch, isn't just to make the crank look more predatory. Even though it does. Instead, that additional width lets Rotor reduce the amount of material needed south of the pedal mount without compromising structural integrity. We've capped the ends with Rotor's solid black end caps, preserving that predatory stealthiness that confirms the hawk designation.
Finally, though we've built it here with Rotor's oblong QRing (which reduces the dead spots of a pedal stroke), a Boost-spaced spindle, and those black bumpers, the RHawk Crankset's modularity renders it all but futureproof. The arms, spindle, and rings can all be separated, ensuring that Rotor will always be able to machine new bits in order to adapt to changing standards. We'd never go so far as to claim these are the last crank arms you'll ever by (n + 1, after all), but it does make a compelling case for less lusting after completely new standards and more time riding the gear you've grown to love.
- A crankset for one-by warriors on the enduro war path
- Modular construction ensures adaptability to future standards
- CNC-machining reduces weight without compromising strength
- Oblong chainrings address the dead spot in pedal strokes
- Boost spacing increases wheel stiffness while chopping stays
- Black bumpers maintain predatory stealth aesthetic
- Spain-based Rotor proves that well-made aluminum still has a place at cycling's highest level
- Item #RTR0031