Select style & size:Select options
The Kapic Axle is designed to pair with Rotor's Kapic Crank Arms, and uses a direct mount interface for optimal chainring placement. Designed for robust yet smooth engagement, the large 30mm spindle diameter allows you to maximizine the efficiency of your pedaling power so you can get the most out of each pedal stroke. It's made of high-quality T6 7075 aluminum that's been CNC machined for precision, and is compatible with Rotor's direct mount chainrings only.
When paired with one of Rotor's oval Q-rings, you can take advantage of OCP Mount technology to make incremental changes to the chainring position, one degree at a time. This enables you to rotate your chainring until you find the perfect placement, putting out the most power through the strongest part of your pedal rotation while giving the softest spot a break.
- A lightweight but sturdy spindle for Rotor Kapic Crank Arms
- Direct mount interface allows optimal chainring placement
- CNC-machined from high-quality aluminum to for longevity
- Large 30mm diameter ensures efficient power transfer
- OCP technology lets you find ideal chainring placement for Rotor Q-rings
- Item #RTR003I
- Q & A
Modular is Cool
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Spanish component wizards at Rotor are not the first to make modular cranks, but their interpretation is a very good one. The crank arms and chainrings are standard for all bottom brackets and hub spacings, but the least expensive part of the crankset, the spindle, is interchangeable for standard and boost, an presumably super boost and fat bikes in the future. Very smart!