Select style & size:Select options
Fishing for powder?
For the backcountry enthusiast that likes to swallow snow by the mouthful, the Rossignol XV Sushi LG Splitboard is a Xavier De Le Rue-designed pow-slayer that pays homage to Japan's legendary powder renaissance of the 1990s. The first thing you're likely to notice about the Sushi is its pow-friendly swallowtail design that keeps your weight distributed in the rear of the board, keeping the super-fat nose floating to the surface in all but the deepest conditions.
- A splitboard for skinning to and lapping your favorite pow stash
- Fish design emulates old-school surf shapes and crushes the fresh
- Camber underfoot delivers stability on the hardpack
- Rocker in the nose keeps the tip floating, even in the deep
- MagTek edges deliver grip for railing huge, laid-out turns
- Wood core basalt and kevlar fiber-laminant increases stability
- Sintered base cruises through the flats with ease
- Item #ROS00DE
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Not gonna lie I basically just give anything I like and am stoked on 5 stars... but this thing is truly a 5/5 for me. A lot of my morning pre-work jaunts are in pretty thick trees since it's faster than hiking up to higher elevation, and this thing is INSANE in deep snow and tight trees. Super quick to turn, and the nose stays up out of the snow effortlessly. Still has enough backbone to rip up some big open runs as well, but obviously not the primary intention for this thing.
I occasionally have to ride hardpack on the exit, how does this perform?