Kiss the sky.
While making out with Rossignol's Sky 7 HD Ski may appear awkward to all the other skiers on the chairlift, it certainly is an understandable expression to anyone who's ever ridden this incredibly versatile ski. Originally called the Sin in the ever-popular 7 Series, Rossignol most likely changed this ski's name to Sky because, well, the sky's the limit when it comes to this freerider. Big enough for boot-top powder, skinny enough for groomers, and maneuverable enough to explore tight tree lines, the Sky 7 HD truly excels wherever you choose to grace your ski skills that day.
The Sky 7 gleans its versatility from a 95mm waist width that's not too fat to handle hardpack days, or too skinny to float over powder; it sits right in the middle of powdery beefiness and speedy skinniness. Its Powder Turn Rocker certainly enhances this ski's versatility, with camber underfoot to rail turns on frontside groomers and a rockered tip and tail to navigate the soft stuff.
Rossignol built this beauty with a light paulownia wood core to save your legs the weight on those bell-to-bell days, and Rossignol added its new Carbon Alloy Matrix—a weave of carbon with basalt—to add an exceptional amount of stiffness to ensure an aggressive ride. Like all Rossignol's best-sellers, the Sky features a honeycombed Air Tip 2.0 to prevent the ski from nose-diving into powder.
- Rossignol's versatile big mountain ski for powder and moguls
- 95mm waist rides soft and hard snow with equal prowess
- Powder Turn Rocker includes enough camber for frontside groomers
- Air Tip 2.0 optimized for better stability and less chatter
- Carbon Alloy Matrix blends basalt for a stiffer, lighter feel
- Sandwiched sidewalls protect the light wood core from damage
- Item #ROS00B2