Seek 7 Tour Ski
The Rossignol Seek 7 Tour Ski is the newest addition to Rossignol's beloved 7 Series collection, this time designed specifically for your backcountry enjoyment, getting you deeper into the mountains than every before. The relatively narrow waist underfoot keeps these sticks light and maneuverable in variable terrain, balanced out by wide shovel that's designed to eat powder for breakfast (or lunch). It features an ultralight paulownia microcell core, with updated air tip technology that's lighter and stronger than ever, amplifying power, stability, and float.
The construction of the Seek 7 combines elements of both sandwich and cap, giving you the benefits of both—traditional sidewalls underfoot provide edging power and control, while cap construction at the tip and tail help you slip into each turn with ease and grace. It features a Powder Turn Rocker profile designed for the deepest of powder days, with a longer, low rise in the tip for effortless float, a tapered tail profile for control in tricky terrain, and traditional camber underfoot to deliver flotation, speed control, power, energy and grip—everything you need to speed to the top and take the white room to the bottom.
- Ultra-lightweight touring ski for deep backcountry expeditions
- 87mm underfoot ideal for tricky chutes and mixed snow conditions
- Rocker/camber/rocker profile can handle powder and hardpack alike
- Dualtec construction combines the best of sandwich and cap
- Air Tip 2.0 in the shovels amplifies power, stability and float
- Paulownia and cell core offers lightweight yet stable performance
- Long low tip rocker and tapered tail deliver effortless float
- Only compatible with AT bindings
- Item #ROS00EI
- Q & A
Great Lightweight Ski
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased this ski for my first touring set-up, and I must say I've really been enjoying myself. The skis are extremely light, so it's a breeze to carry them to and from the trail, and great skinning up. I almost don't notice they are there. They've only seen a bit of powder so far, but they ripped through, and perform well on harder packed snow as well. I would recommend these skis to anyone looking for a lightweight ski, or beginner touring ski.
Ultra-Ultra-Light - Very Responsive
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Great skis. Super light and poppy. The 86 underfoot allows for tight turning but the wide tips help to cruise over crud and float in powder. I purchased these to set up for touring, and they work well with the G3 Ion pin binding. These are my favorite pair of skis right now by far.