New Styles, More Savings:
Select Style & Size:
Evolution R Fly Reel
Based out of Gunnison Colorado, Ross Reels has been using the surrounding rivers of the Gunnison, Animas, and Taylor as testing grounds for its reels since 1973. The Evolution R Fly Reel is the latest installation in the company's history of producing reels that perform on these same rivers, but that's not to say it won't battle bonefish in the flats of Belize or the little brookies that live in your local mountain streams.
Fly fishers are known for their attention to detail, so it should come as no surprise that a reel designed and machined by actual anglers has a nuanced look and refined design. Both the frame and spool have been machined from a lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum to save weight and maintain durability. The drag system is composed of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer that is fully sealed to keep corrosive water out whether you're fishing fresh or saltwater.
- A fully machined reel ready to fish iconic trout rivers
- Sealed carbon disc drag system puts the pressure on fish
- Lightweight frame and spool weighs less than 4.5 ounces
- Large arbor design increases line retrieval rates
- Spool shape prevents line from ridging while reeling in
- Quick-release spool converts to left- or right-handed retrieve
- Item #RSS000F