Select Style & Size
Evolution LTX Fly Reel
The next generation of Ross's iconic Evolution, the LTX Reel is the stronger version of the LT that maintains the performance level of the Evolution R. Its drag is four times stronger than the LT, and it hasn't lost the hum and feel that you loved about the original Evolution line. This reel has a bell-shaped arbor that helps level the line while you retrieve and adds strength to the rig. From landlocked rivers to saltwater flats, this reel is up for the job.
- Lightweight reel with heavy duty drag
- Machined aluminum is lightweight and sleek
- Disc drag is four times stronger than previous versions
- Large, bell-shaped arbor self-levels line
- Oil-impregnated bronze bushing for lasting smoothness
- Item #RSS000P
- [frame, spool] 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, [bushing] oil-impregnated bronze, [spindle] stainless steel
- Drag System
- Backing Capacity
- [3/4] WF3+60, WF4+50, [4/5] WF4+85, WF5+70, [5/6] WF5+115, WF6+95, [7/8] WF7+175, WF8_150
- [3/4] 3.42in, [4/5] 3.48in, [5/6] 3.83in, [7/8] 4.03in
- Fly Line Weight
- [3/4] 3-4wt, [4/5] 4-5wt, [5/6] 5-6wt, [7/8] 7-8wt
- Claimed Weight
- [3/4] 4.2oz, [4/5] 4.29oz, [5/6] 4.65oz, [7/8] 4.91oz
- Recommended Use
- freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 30, 2018
A Fine Reel
- I've put it through the wringer
Very happy with this reel. Love the weight and the feel. It is a fine piece of engineering. The size of the arbor makes for smooth handling. I gave this a 4 rather than a 5 only because I found a slight dead spot sometimes when pulling line off the reel during a cast. Depending on angle of your hand to the reel can cause a little friction, especially if the line is in the corner of the spool. The shape of the bridge between the reel and the spool has sharper angles on the metal than I like. I ran some fine sandpaper over the edge to smooth it out and was good to go. Simple fix, worth the effort.
May 31, 2018
One of the Best Reels out There
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got this for my Dad as gift because it's what he was wanting and below is the feedback he had to give. If you've owned an EVO LT in the past the new LXT will be familiar, but certainly an upgraded rig. The buttery smooth drag system and that classic 'click' while reeling are what you'd expect out of this top end reel. It is very lightweight, but still balances the rod nicely. Also, you can't complain that it's one of the best looking reels out there! The beefed up drag pressures from the LT will work great for light salt water fishing as well - I can't wait to use it in Florida this fall! Very happy with this reel!