Select style & size:Select options
Nothing but love.
After swinging flies for weeks without a single tug, it's safe to say that you and steelhead have a love-hate relationship, but you'll have nothing but love for your Ross Animas S Fly Reel after a thousand casts. Its classic look and heavier design balances well with switch and spey rods, but that's not say this reel is some click-and-pawl relic. The disc drag system is impregnated with Teflon for a smooth action and maintenance-free performance, and the quick-release spool gives you the ability to switch the reel between your switch and spey rod if owning reels for every rod in your quiver isn't in your budget.
- A large arbor reel designed for switch and spey rods
- Teflon impregnated disc drag requires minimal maintenance
- Quick-release spool allows reel to be used with different rods
- Easily converts between left- or right-handed retrieve
- Ross Reels are designed and machined in Montrose, Colorado
- Item #RSS000K
- Q & A
Ross Animas Reel
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
First, it's a Ross reel - that just about says it all. This reel looks like it can handle screaming chrome, and it's a Ross so I know it will. Beautiful matte finish, black with copper-orange trim looks awesome. The drag feels smooth as silk, and the low volume click lets you listen to the river. The large arbor makes quick work of the hog that just took you into your backing. I've seated this reel onto my Echo Glass Spey 13', 8 weight, and it balances nicely on this rod. Can't wait to actually see how well the Animas tames the savage beasts holing up. Tight lines and cheers.