Select style & size:Select options
If you're a big-footed boarder looking to stack park footage like chips at a casino table, bet on the Rome Blackjack Wide Snowboard for a sure thing. With a wider waist width for those with bigger feet, the Blackjack widens Rome's line of rip-anything freestyle decks, effortlessly transitioning from carving up morning groomers to dropping into slushy park laps in the afternoon with its balanced twin shape, the predictable feel of Rome's Contact Camber, and bamboo additives for spring-loaded pop.
Created with Rome's Contact Camber, the Blackjack Snowboard is fully flat throughout the board's effective edge for a stable, locked-in feel at high speeds and predictable edge hold through carves. Since flat boards lose a bit of carving response to their cambered siblings, Rome added a FiveGnar sidecut for a bit more liveliness. Essentially, this blended sidecut provides tighter turn initiation as you load into a carve, then exiting with an energetic feel that's not usually encountered with flat boards. And to ensure plentiful pop, Rome ran a Bamboo HotRod Single Barrel in a vertical orientation to amplify snap without compromising its softer torsional flex that's ideal for freestyle riding.
- Bet on this deck for freestyle fun across the entire mountain
- Wider waist width tailored towards riders with bigger feet
- Flat profile for a stable feel and predictable edge hold
- Medium flex inspires confidence for learning tricks and cruising
- Pop Core Matrix emphasizes durability, smooth flex, and light feel
- Biax fiberglass loosens it up for buttering and pressing with ease
- Bamboo HotRod Single Barrel amplifies pop without adding stiffness
- FiveGnar sidecut of two blended radii for energetic carving feel
- Item #ROM00CW
- Q & A
Rome 2019 Black Jack
SIDE HITS ON REPEAT, RAILED OUT TURNS ON FRESH CORD, AND PARK LAPS WITH THE CREW
Our do-it-all killer, the Blackjack has a smooth, but responsive feel that is just as happy ripping a carve as it nose-pressing a down rail; a shape that is just as happy slashing a pocket of powder as it is over-tweaking a stale fish. The secret is the combination of our Contact Camber, FiveGnar Sidecut and the bamboo HotRod. The Contact camber balances flexibility with response, while the sidecut and the HotRods inject the right amount of pop.