Select style & size:Select options
BackStage Swing Away Platform Hitch Rack
The first hitch rack built with the ability to swing away for easy access to the rear of your car, the RockyMounts BackStage Swing Away Platform Hitch Rack is an ideal option for campers, dog owners, and anyone with a fully loaded vehicle. This 2-bike rack swings to the passenger side for unfettered access to your gear via a cantilever arm that maxes out at 41-inches for universal vehicle compatibility. RockyMounts equipped it with a handle at the end of the rack for easy use when it's in either a stowed or folded position, and the folded position only sticks out a foot for a compact design. It's easy to load and unload with 13-inches of spacing between the bikes, which also keeps them safe from making contact with each other while in transit. Plus, the lightweight chromoly hitch tube is designed to resist corrosion to provide you with years of reliable use.
- Innovative hitch rack that swings to the right for gear access
- Fits two bikes with wheels ranging from 20-29-inches
- Cantilever arm has a 41-inch reach for use with all cars and trucks
- Handle at end of racks for use in stowed and folded positions
- Side-to-side adjustment for easy loading and spacing between bikes
- Chromoly hitch tube is durable and corrosion-resistant
- Item #RMO000S
- Q & A
Solid easy access
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Installed my new RockyMounts Backstage rack on my Honda Ridgeline in less than 20 minutes (no brainer). I needed the swing away feature of the Backswing to accommodate the Ridgeline tailgate. It’s the perfect rack for my vehicle (along with many others, I’m sure) and the bike load/unload process couldn’t be easier. And, as always, backcountry’s service and delivery were exceptional.