Select style & size:Select options
Here fishy, fishy, fishy.
Rising teamed up with Recycled Waders to create a compact and eco-friendly kit that carries your Fish Whistle nail knot tool and wire form. Loop-to-loop connections may be simple and easy to make, but nothing passes through your rod's guides quite as smooth as a good ol' fashioned nail knot. This brass tool will help you tie perfect nail knots quickly and easily, and it doubles as a whistle when you need rustle some fish into your net.
- A compact and eco-friendly tool kit for fly fishing
- Zippered pouch is made from up-cycled waders
- Brass Fish Whistle tool makes tying nail knots easy
- Wire form can be used to untangle knots and clean tool
- Two small alcohol wipes included for cleaning tools
- Plastic divided fly cup included
- Made in USA
- Item #RIS000D
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Nail knots are one of the best solutions for securing your backing to your fly line! With that being said, you will want to make sure to keep this handy kit with you on the river in the case things get wet & wild and you break off your fly line while high in the trees and need to tie back on your backing. Be prepared and be safe out there!
Perfect for the high country
Posting to even out the rating on this one. Being a nail knot tool is the secondary function of this kitâthe first shouldnât be that hard to figure out. Well made and the baggie is awesome.
Just Get a Nail Knot Tool
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Hard to recommend this give the cost but if you are looking for a nail knot tool, just get the dedicated tool instead of this kit. Yes, nail knots are better for any line to line connection and are my preferred way to tie lines (fly line to backing and mono lines to flexible fluoro tippet heads for steelheading or saltwater) together but I would advise you learn how to tie with a simple and cheap tool rather than this "kit".