Select style & size:Select options
When presentation matters.
- Ideal for preseting dry flies and swinging soft hackles
- Soft and supple material keeps fly moving naturally
- High knot and tensile strength rating
- Hand-tied perfection loop at the butt section
- Item #RIO001F
- Q & A
Always keep a couple spare Rio leaders, I pair with their tippet and get a great presentation
Awesome for throwing dries
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This Suppleflex Leader by RIO is pretty top notch in my eyes. It's so great for throwing dries because it lays super nice, it gives you a very delicate presentation of your fly, and the dark olive color (with clear tip) really gives you an advantage for those easily spooked fish because it makes it stealthy yet super clear. This leader will also work great for tossing some small nymphs, but overall it is mainly designed for smaller bugs as a whole. It is a very soft nylon material which gives you super smooth line drifts, as well as easy pickups and mends. Would definitely recommend giving it a whirl!