The future is looking bright.
Seeing little rippers are pushing riding to unbelievable heights that put adults to shame, it makes perfect sense that Ride hooked up the Kids' Machete Jr Snowboard with a smooth, stable ride across everything from park kickers to fresh powder lines. This twin-shaped board excels at progressive freestyle riding and all-terrain cruising, giving up-and-coming riders a proper platform for taking their skills to the next level.
The Twin Rocker profile places a large flat section underfoot, which inspires confidence for picking up speed, locking into carves, and stomping landings in the park. Rocker zones at the tip and tail loosen up the board from catching an edge on carves, also making the board a bit more playful in the park. Rocker also does a great job of uplifting the nose in powder, preventing it from helplessly submerging beneath the snow.
Since the Machete Jr is based off the full-fledged adult version, you'll find a full aspen wood core for a smooth, consistent flex with high levels of durability over the course of the season. Biax fiberglass retains a flexible torsional feel that's ideal for lightweight riders initiating turns and perfecting their tricks. Ride's signature Slimewalls dampen the board from excess vibration, courtesy of the urethane-infused sidewall construction absorbing the jarring sensation of choppy snow and flat landings. It's finished off with an extruded base that's relatively quick without requiring the constant waxing of its sintered counterparts.
- Freestyle board designed for progressive young rippers
- Flat underfoot for locked-in turns and stability at speed
- Rocker at the tip and tail for a looser, playful feel
- Medium-soft flex specifically tuned for lighter riders
- Aspen core with biax fiberglass for smooth-flexing feel
- Slimewalls dampen impact and smooth out harsh vibration
- Extruded base glides quickly without regular waxing
- Item #RDE00DM