Why We Like The Tallac Mountain Bike Shoe
When we're snaking through turns and airing over jumps we're glad we have the Ride Concepts Tallac to keep our feet firmly planted on the pedals. These high-performance flat pedal shoes are constructed with a durable Cordura upper, as well as a tacky rubber sole with a hexagon pattern that mates perfectly with pedal pins. Our favorite feature is the D3O footbed, which helps to absorb impact forces and reduce rider fatigue.
- Flat pedal MTB shoes with useful technical features
- Cordura mesh upper is abrasion-resistant and breathable
- TPU toe and heel guards help to protect our feet
- Traditional lace closure with lace keeper for security
- Gusseted tongue keeps out dirt and debris
- Max Grip sole with hexagon pattern sticks to the pedals
- EVA midsole provides extra cushion and support
- D3O insole absorbs the impact forces from hard riding
- Item #RPT000Y
- Upper Material
- Cordura synthetic mesh, TPU toe and heel guards
- anti-odor mesh
- D3O High Impact Zone Technology
- Max Grip rubber with hexagon pattern
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [one shoe, size 10] 430g
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- mountain biking
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly LargeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
July 10, 2022
Poor quality and unsupportive to boot
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 6' 3"
To say I was considerably underwhelmed by these shoes would be an understatement, in no small measure because of all the rave reviews this brand gets. The principal issue I had is with the quality of the shoes, as the stitching on the leading edge of the tongue and shoelace anchor failed after one MTB ride, causing the tongue to begin to separate from the shoe. Pretty pathetic for a tepid 8-mile ride. I was also completely unimpressed with the the power transfer and pedal isolation of the midsole and outsole. These shoes are little better than wearing a pair of Converse All Stars, you feel everything when you're pedaling and waste an inordinate amount of energy compensating for lack of stiffness to put power on the pedals, which causes excess fatigue. About the only positive on these shoes is the grip is decent, but not enough of a benefit to compensate for the deficiencies.
March 8, 2022
Attention to detail at its finest
- I've used it several times
Ride Concepts has put a lot of energy into the details with the Tallac. Extremely comfortable with the lack of stitching and fully welded seams, the D3O insole, and the breathable Cordura upper. Traction for days if you find yourself in a hike-a-bike situation.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help