Select style & size:Select options
Grande Fly Reel
- Sleek, advanced reel for fly fishing
- Machined aluminum construction is fully anodized
- Super-Torque, carbon fiber drag is fully sealed
- Large arbor avoids line memory and speeds up pickup
- V-spool design maximizes backing capacity
- Machined Delrin handle has excellent traction
- Nylon case included for storage
- Item #RNG002Y
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This reel feels and performs like its competitors that cost 2 even 3 times as much. For it’s large size the reel is still really lightweight so I can cast it all day without getting too tired. It looks absolutely beautiful! I get a compliment every time I run into another angler. If you are looking for a saltwater reel that can perform on an advanced level and not break the bank this is the reel for you! I also want to add that Redington has a great warranty if any issues were to arise.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This reel may be the best value in machined aluminum reels on the market!
Fished false albacore on the fly and found this reel to be incredibly smooth with the same solid stopping power of the Behemoth and actually better than many of the other higher end reels. This is twice the price of the Behemoth which is a molded die cast reel which is arguably less durable so not really comparable to it but hard not to compare that at twice the price you could get a machined aluminum reel. I've had my Behemoth for 14 months, fished it 10 times, had it in 4 boats, banged it around a good bit and no issues at all. If I had the choice of buying the Behemoth or the Grande, I would probably buy both and still walk away with less than what I would have spent on a much higher end reel. Again, Redington has quickly become a guide favorite for its durability, serviceability, and feature set. I'm seeing why.
While it won't win any beauty pageants like a Tibor, Nautilus or Abel, the Redington is an incredible value and makes salt water fly fishing hardware more accessible to more fly fishermen.