Select style & size:Select options
Butterstick II Fly Rod
The Butterstick II Fly Rod is the next iteration in a series that has been generations in the making. This throwback line features Redington's Heritage Taper—a traditional fiberglass design that utilized T-Glass construction and a shorter length. The Butterstick features a slow action that complements its fiberglass material and provides the angler with a soft feel and a gentle presentation. Its shorter length (in ratio to the rod weight) makes navigating tight spaces and bushwhacking easier, while its 3-piece design makes it easy to pack with you no matter where your adventure takes you.
- Traditional fiberglass rod for anglers
- Slow action has a soft, old-school feel
- T-Glass construction features retro cosmetics
- Shorter length makes tight spaces easier to manage
- 3-piece design makes traveling easy
- Includes a cordura rod tube with dividers
- Item #RNG0030
- [1wt] 5ft 9in, [2wt] 6ft, [3wt] 7ft, [4wt] 7ft 6in, [5wt] 8ft
- Heritage Taper
- Rod Weight
- 1wt, 2wt, 3wt, 4wt, 5wt
- Claimed Weight
- [1wt, 2wt] 1.9oz, [3wt] 2.6oz, [4wt] 2.8oz, [5wt] 3.1oz
- Recommended Use
- river fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 1, 2019
Great glass rod. Still getting used to the action coming from a much faster rod. Lots of fun for dries.
December 29, 2018
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I’m in love with this glass rod. It’s made me slow down a bit. I can feel the change in the water seam, current, and had to relearn to feel my loops when casting. The feel of a brown taking my fly it’s a lot like grabbing the cat by the tail.