Fend off the chill from early starts.
Hopping aboard your road bike for an early-morning ride has many advantages, namely the desolate roadways free of commuters and beautiful sunrise coming up over verdant hills and winding country roads. However, these early starts can leave you a bit chilly, seeing the sun hasn't yet made its fiery presence known on the local landscape. That's where the Rapha Pro Team Lightweight Gilet comes into play, providing a highly packable, ultra-light barrier that can instantly be deployed to protect you from light breezes and chilly morning temperatures.
The Pro Team Lightweight Gilet is comprised of a new fabric that's more stretchy than previous versions for an even better fit and feel on the road. The mesh-lined collar and perforated neck holes provide a bit of breathable comfort, so you don't overheat when the sun rises higher in the sky and temperatures climb throughout your morning ride. Rapha adds a two-way Vislon zipper for easier regulation of your body temperature, as you can leave it partially unzipped along the bottom to prevent overheating.
- Fend off the morning chill in this lightweight gilet
- Ultra-light, packable design fits in rear jersey pocket
- Improved fabric with greater stretch for a better fit
- Perforated neck holes allow excess heat to readily escape
- Mesh-lined collar and rear panel wick moisture off body
- Silicone directly applied to hem to prevent riding up
- Elasticized waist and armholes for a secure fit
- Reflective accents on side and shoulder seams
- Item #RFA005B
- Q & A
Good Vest but Shoulder Fabric Flaps
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 175lbs
Overall this is a good lightweight vest that provides adequate wind protection on cool mornings or days. It packs away very nicely. My only complaint about the vest is that the fabric above the shoulders flaps incessantly when you are traveling at speed. I am going to put in some fabric tape to solve the problem because it's really annoying. I'm right on the border of M and L and went with the L to be safe. Fit is good.