Select Style & Size
Flank Core Protection
When you drop into a trail full of gnarly rock drops and steep chutes, it's always nice to have some protection to give you a little extra peace of mind. Fortunately, Race Face has your back, and your chest... and your shoulders with the Flank Core Protection system. This lightweight and breathable core protector sits comfortably under your favorite jersey and fits like a second skin, keeping the targeted protection in it's place so it doesn't slide around in the event of a crash. High performance D3O shock-absorbing foam is found at the shoulders and spine, along with a custom heat-molded foam chest piece to protect your sternum area. A durable mesh main fabric allows for maximum venting, and features lycra stretch panels and flatlock seams to ensure mobility and comfort through your entire range of motion.
- A lightweight core saver for rowdy mountain bike trails
- Removable D30 shock-absorbing foam at shoulders and spine
- Heat-molded chest foam offers protection for your sternum
- Second-skin fit keeps the padding in place if you fall
- Mesh main fabric is durable and breathes well
- Stretch panels and flatlock seams for mobility and comfort
- Works well with neck braces
- Sizing is built for a snug fit
- Item #RCF007C
- [face fabric] mesh, [shoulder and spine pads] D3O, [chest pad] heat-molded foam, [stretch panels] lycra
- Protection Area
- chest, shoulders, spine
- Recommended Use
- downhill, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
August 19, 2019
Light weight armor
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 157 lbs
I've used it twice and have yet to fallen on it. For starters sizing is definitely on the European side of things and not cut for the super size me body habitus. I am 5'10" 157 and a size M fits well. The fabric breathes and wicks very well but the back D30 doesn't breath well--it's body armor I don't expect miracles. I find the fabric to be comfortable and in some way similar to under armour fabric. It's nice being to choose what elements you want in the shirt as far removing the spine/or shoulders. the length of protection is shorter than the alpine stars paragon or the Ion scrub amp but it is the same length of the back panel found in the Camelbak TORO. The sternum pad is nice. Overall pleased with it and will keep.
May 28, 2019
Too Tight, doesn't offer protection
- I returned this product before using it
I returned this item due to a very tight fit and the fact that the chest protector seemed basically useless. The back protection wasn't the full length of the spine and felt like it would trap sweat. Putting it on or taking it off was extremely awkward. The pads would flip and twist. Also the fabric is very scratchy. Could not imagine wearing this all day.