Select style & size:Select options
Optimize efficiency with reduced weight.
Upgrading wheels is one the best ways to reduce weight from your XC or trail rig, seeing rotational inertia makes a significant difference in efficiency, especially when you're accelerating from corners or powering yourself up steep, punchy climbs. Just the ticket towards achieving a lighter, more efficient bike, the Race Face Aeffect SL 27.5in Wheel offers superb strength-to-weight for XC racers and discerning trail riders alike.
Tipping the scales at a mere 1710 grams for the wheelset, the Aeffect SL (stands for Super Light) is only a touch heavier than many carbon wheels on the market, allowing you to drop serious grams from your bike build, but without the stiffer ride characteristics inherent to carbon hoops. In fact, it's approximately 100 grams lighter than the beefier Aeffect R Wheelset designed for all-mountain and enduro disciplines.
Alloy construction withstands everyday abuse on the trail or race course, so you can ride these wheels without worrying about damaging them, so long as you're not hucking off huge features. 24-millimeter internal width optimally supports your XC/trail tires up to 2.3 inches, allowing you to reap the benefits of plentiful grip and bump compliance. Additionally, the hubs feature a responsive 9.2-degree engagement, so you can get up and over trail impediments standing in your way.
- Lightweight, reliable hoops for XC and trail
- 1710g weight for pedaling and climbing efficiency
- Alloy construction optimizes its strength-to-weight
- 24mm internal width for running tires up to 2.3in
- Three-pawl hub design with full cartridge bearings
- Relatively responsive 9.2-degree hub engagement
- 28-spoke count for lighter overall weight
- Front wheel converts to 9x100 QR w/separate end cap
- Item #RCF006R