Select style & size:Select options
Aeffect-R 29in Boost Wheelset
Mountain biking is an expensive sport, but the Race Face Aeffect-R 29in Boost Wheelset proves that it's still possible to get rad on a budget. These burly aluminum wheels are built to shred aggressive all-mountain trails and enduro races, and feature a 30mm internal width that gives excellent sidewall support to modern tire widths. The Race Face Trace hubs use cartridge bearings throughout for extended life and durability, and boast a competitive 9.2-degree engagement via a trusty 3-pawl system. The rims are laced to the hub using double-butted straight-pull spokes with brass nipples, and all spoke lengths are the same which makes it easy to replace them should you break a spoke during a hard landing.
- Aluminum trail and enduro wheels that won't kill your budget
- 30mm internal rim width gives proper support to wider tires
- Hubs boast a competitive 9.2-degrees between engagement points
- Sealed cartridge bearings throughout for improved durability
- Double-butted, straight-pull spokes provide elevated stiffness
- One spoke length throughout the wheelset for easy spoke replacement
- Available with either SRAM XD or Shimano HG freehub
- Item #RCF003R
- Q & A
How do you choose the SRAM XD option for this wheelset? There is no option to choose between SRAM and Shimano, and it looks like the part number is just for Shimano
How do we choose xd and Shimano?
How would I go about choosing between Sram XD vs Shimano HG for this wheelset? It just says Sram/Shimano when selecting options.
I think SRAM/Shimano is accurate because you can run an NX cassette on a Shimano free hub. XD will be specifically XD. Typically when they don't have it in the dropdown, it means it is not available. You can source out an XD free hub for ~$85 though. Or just use a Shimano cassette! It's cheaper and will be more cost effective in the long run. I run XT 11-46 with SRAM GX with no issues.