When you want to move fast and keep it lightweight in the mountains, the Xenon is the jacket to trust. Made for less gear-intensive, single day mountaineering missions, it breathes well when you're on the move but doesn't skimp on warmth during cold belays.
- Lightweight insulator for fast-moving mountaineering missions
- Stratus insulation offers breathable warmth without cold spots
- Water-resistant ripstop fabric is durable and lightweight
- Zippered inner pocket doubles as a stuff sack for easier packing
- Two-way front zipper makes it easy to access your belay device
- Insulated zipper baffle stops cold winds from creeping in
- Elastic under-helmet hood provides snug protection for your ears
- Drawcord hem and elastic cuffs help keep the cold sealed out
- Item #RAB00LJ
- Q & A
Sloppy fit is a turnoff
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 205lbs
Wow, this jacket was a disappointment from the get-go, simply because the fit is poor and sloppy, and not what I'm used to with Rab jackets. The sleeves are huge in the bicep area, even if you're planning to layer this jacket, which I wasn't. I can put four of my bicep in a single arm of this. The whole arm is much to large and sloppy, which would make for a poor design in active use, increasing the likelihood you'd snag and rip it.
The jacket also runs WAY long, even if you're a tall person like I am - I'm 6'3" with a longer than average torso - this thing is gross long, and comes down below my crotch and way below my butt cheeks, neither of which is appealing in the least.
Suffice to say this went back for a refund.
Does this particular jacket have any water proofing capabilities?
This jacket is not water proof. It does have a DWR coating with their Pertex Quantum fabric which allows much more resistant to water.