Live on the edge.
For those that seek to push the limits of what is possible, for those that desire to go where few can thrive, there is the Rab Sharp Edge Pant. Designed to perform in the most extreme conditions, the Sharp Edge Pant impervious to harsh winds and precipitation. Working up a massive sweat? You won’t steam like a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave under a membrane this breathable. If you’re feeling extra spicy, unzip your thigh vents to cool down. Uncomfortable conditions will be the last thing to send you back to civilization. If you ventured out to fly down glistening, untouched lines, that’s exactly what you’re going to do.
- A ski pant built to weather your most extreme alpine adventures
- Breathable waterproof membrane so you can work hard and stay dry
- Fleece lined for bitter temps in harsh conditions
- Stretch fabric and articulated knees so you can move freely
- Mountaineering boot compatible hems reduce snow-vulnerable areas
- Waterproof zipped pockets to keep cargo safe from errant moisture
- Removable ankle gaiter for versatile protection
- Item #RAB00GG
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: M
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 145lbs
I've got about 20 days in these pants and am already obsessed.
I love the lightweight pertex shield pro, it feels comfortable against my skin and/or with baselayers I don't get any bunching or static. It's so light that I often take these out instead of softshells. They breath great on the uphill and ski warm and waterproof on the way down. The gaiters elastic is a great fit over my La Sportiva Spectre 2.0. The upper right pocket is the perfect size for the Tracker 3 and Mammut Barryovox but seems to be a little small for the Pieps Sport and Pro. The two hip pockets are at the correct length to wear a harness and still access your map or inclinometer. I love the velcro on these Mediums - my waist is a 30 and I don't have to fully max out the velcro to get them to fit. If you look at the sizing chart I would be listed as a small but I prefer a slightly baggier look.
I would prefer to have a rear pocket on these pants - other than that, I don't think I would change a thing!