Select a Size
Select a Color
From hut-to-hut ski tours to extended mountaineering expeditions, these pants will be a welcome companion on multi-day missions in the winter. Ideal for use during rest periods, they've got waterproof reinforcements at the knees, seat, and cuffs, so when you're sitting or kneeling in the snow to adjust equipment you'll be covered.
- Packable insulated pants for warmth during extended winter missions
- Pertex Quantum fabric is rugged and durable for harsh environments
- Waterproof reinforcements let you to sit or kneel in the snow
- Synthetic insulation offers effective warmth in wet, frigid weather
- DWR coating sheds moisture from lighter rain and moderate snowfall
- Full-length side zips make them easy to get on over other layers
- Side zippers feature an insulated baffle to keep out the cold
- Included stuff sack makes it easy to fit them in your pack
- Reflective logo keeps you visible in low-light conditions
- Item #RAB00LK
- [membrane/laminate] (seat, knees, kick patches) Pertex Shield (2.5-layer) [face fabric] Pertex Quantum (nylon ripstop), DWR coating, [lining] Pertex Quantum (nylon ripstop)
- 100g Stratus (recycled polyester)
- 2 zippered hand
- (front) flat, (rear) elastic
- Side Zips
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing & snowboarding, backpacking, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 15, 2020
OUTSTANDING ALPINE PANT
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 175 lbs
For two weeks I brought the Rab Photon pants to South Americaâs tallest peak: Aconcagua. At 22,841â, it is the tallest peak outside the Himalaya. The mountain is large, and has a wide variety of environmental conditions. At lower elevations on the trek to basecamp, it is HOT; temperatures can reach as high as 85 or 90 degrees fahrenheit near the entrance to the park. Up near 20,000â though, it is polar; temperatures on the summit, with wind chill, can dip below -20 F. I am in love with the Rab Photon pant; I might even wear them around the house they are that cozy. In the alpine, they perform beautifully: lightweight, wind-resistant, repel water splashes, and have great features including deep pockets and strategically placed zippers. They are durable and reinforced in areas of high wear, and slip on easily over other layers. Rab has been trusted by dedicated alpinists for years because of their craftsmanship and high-quality products, and the Photon is certainly one of them. The best part: Rab is a company that you can be proud to support. They are environmentally conscious and are constantly searching for ways they can reduce their environmental impacts.
October 17, 2018
Lordy I am Warm!
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- True to size
- 5` 8"
- 135 lbs
Gave this as a gift and here is the feedback: Lordy I am warm y'all! Love the full zips that allow me to layer these over other pants without taking off my shoes.
February 1, 2018
Pants for sitting in the snow all day
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 200 lbs
These pants live up to their advertisement. I just wore them for a week-long photography trip in Yellowstone with temps from 10-30 degrees and weather from sunny to wind and snow. Just these pants kept me comfortable nearly all the time, though a occasionally I wished I had also been wearing long underwear. I was not only comfortable sitting around in the cold and lying in the snow, but I didn't over heat when we went inside a vehicle or stopped for meals at a restaurant. They were waterproof and the reinforced knees and butt were great and shed snow easily after kneeling or sitting. For my size, the waist was a little tight but the rest of the pant fit great. I also tried the XL, and, while the waist was more comfortable, the rest of the pants were way too big (the knee padding was at my shins when I was kneeling). My only complaint with these pants is that the tops of the side zips aren't covered and don't stay fully closed. The pants stayed together just fine (i.e. the pants didn't start falling down), but the metal zipper ends and metal snaps dug into my sides. I needed to make sure to have a decently thick layer tucked in to the pants to avoid this (my long underwear top didn't cut it). Overall, these are excellent pants for activities that require standing/lying in cold conditions for a long time. I wasn't particularly active in them, but based on how comfortable I was sitting in a warm building, I think they would also be great for hiking/climbing in the cold.