Select a Size
Select a Color
Latok Extreme GTX Gaiter
- Burly gaiters are perfect for your next mountaineering expedition
- GoreTex membrane is fully waterproof yet highly breathable
- Robic nylon ankle area is abrasion-resistant for crossing scree fields
- Internal strap adjustment and drawcord closure ensure the perfect fit
- Suited for technical leather boots and low-profile mountaineering boots
- Rubberized under-boot strap and heel strap keep the gaiter in place
- Item #RAB00MK
- Gore-Tex 3L (70D)
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 24, 2020
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 158 lbs
This gaiter is relatively light and constructed from several different materials, including Gore-Tex. Innovative features include an adjustable instep strap that attaches via velcro to the inside of the gaiter, tops that can be cinched down with one pull, and a velcro tab at the base of the gaiter that makes it easier to align the two sides of the gaiter and close it. My big beef with this item is the voluminous fit, especially at the inside lower part of the gaiter where you want it snug and trim. I purchased size Medium to use with La Sportiva Trango Extremes size 10 and hoped for a snug fit. No such luck. Even after several adjustments of both the instep strap and the main velcro closure and positioning the gaiter up and down on the boot, the inside lower portion of the gaiter is baggy such that while walking the insides of the gaiters will rub against each other. Several reviewers on other sites complained of punctures while using these gaiters with crampons and cited the lighter fabric. That could be, but the problem is certainly made worse by the loose fit. I am returning these.