Why We Like The Kaon Down Jacket
At this point we have tried hundreds of down and synthetic insulators, yet we turn to the Kaon Down Jacket for its strategic body-mapped performance. This jacket boasts breathable panels under each arm to accommodate high output activities as well as different sections of down and synthetic insulation to blend warmth and weight savings. Synthetic insulation around the cuffs, hem, and hood boosts warmth and durability, while down everywhere else keeps things lightweight.
- Strategically insulated jacket for layering or standalone use
- Ripstop nylon face fabric blends durability and weight savings
- Uninsulated breathable panels in strategic areas keep you cool
- Blend of hydrophobic down and synthetic insulation traps heat
- Drawcord on hem traps extra heat and locks in a secure fit
- Insulated hood adds warmth and resists gusting winds
- Low profile cuffs fit comfortably underneath outer shells
- Item #RABZ05J
- [face fabric] Atmos lightweight ripstop nylon [panels] Pertex Quantum Air
- Rab Hydrophobic down, Stratus synthetic
- Fill Weight
- [large] 70g
- fixed, insulated
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 19, 2021
Ultra Thin Lite and Stuffable
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 160 lbs
I’m prepping for Base Camp adventure and was looking for a down insulating layer. This is it! Fits great under my North face Gortex Jacket which is a light lined shell. Stuffs into a 3” dia x 6”L bag. RAB is very comfy and probably way to warm at this time of year in TX, but sure to insulate on the mountain with a couple layers. Med is a semi fitted feel for a 40” chest @5’9” 160lbs covers the belt line. Pits are vented 3”x8ish section which is perfect next to Gortex Jacket pit zips.