Select a Size
Select a Color
Andes Down Jacket
For toasty warmth in even the most frigid high alpine environments, reach for the Rab Andes Down Jacket. Stuffed with 650-fill down insulation, the Andes brings serious warmth without the weight, and with a hydrophobic treatment helping the down retain its warmth in moisture-riddled environments, this jacket is a trusty option for those who might face fierce conditions. The Pertex Quantum shell is highly durable, water-resistant, and windproof to keep hard working alpinists protected against the elements, and the removable hood has you covered with extra protection in windy and snowy days. A box-wall construction keeps the down in place without puncturing the shell, so you don't feel any cold drafts throughout this jacket's life.
- A technical down jacket for chilly belays and windy summits
- Hydrophobic down insulation keeps its warmth in wet conditions
- Durable and water-resistant shell can handle alpine environments
- Removable hood gives offers versatility for changing winter weather
- Microfleece-lined collar keeps your neck warm in the cold
- Hand pockets offer quick access to gear
- Item #RAB00JC
- [shell fabric] Pertex Quantum, DWR treatment, [lining] (body) lightweight Pertex Quantum, (collar) microfleece
- 650-fill hydrophobic down
- Center Back Length
- adjustable, removable
- [external] 2 hand, [internal] 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 2.1oz
- Recommended Use
- casual, hiking, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 5, 2019
Rab Andes Jacket
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 190 lbs
At 650 fill power this jacket is super warm. One word to describe would be "Burly" !! It's as warm as my Patagonia Fitz Roy, and with it's Pertex outer shell, it's much more resistant to scrapes or tears. The jacket is also slightly longer in the back so your bum stays warm too. I'm super impressed with the entire jacket, inside and out. To top it off it's Rabs 30 year retro jacket. Love this jacket.
November 5, 2019
the fit...does it run wide?
November 27, 2019
It does not run wide. For a burly jacket it fits nicely tapered.
February 12, 2020
How much insulation is in the jacket?
Lindsay Gilbert - Gearhead
February 18, 2020
The insulation is 650FP R.D.S. Certified European Duck Down and the amount of down is 378g / 13.3oz