Select a Size
Select a Color
Stay toasty in extreme climates.
Equipped for expedition use in Arctic and high-altitude climates, the Rab Andes 1000 Sleeping Bag keeps you from freezing to death when you're sleeping in sub-zero temperatures. Water-resistant Pertex Endurance and Microlight fabrics prevent outside moisture and built-up perspiration from compromising the loft of its 800-fill European goose down.
This absurdly warm insulation traps precious body heat when you're sleeping above the Arctic Circle or camping precariously above 20,000 feet. Also, the down's hydrophobic coating repels moisture from killing its heat-trapping loft. As if that's not enough, the massive amount of down filling weighs in over two pounds (fill weight is 35.2-ounces) for a bag that's comfortable down to negative 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ultra-warm sleeping bags aren't any good if your body heat seeps out like a leaky faucet. To combat the loss of precious body heat in extreme climates, this sleeping bag features close-fitting neck and face baffles, complete with a collar and drawcord hood to lock-in fiery body heat. At the torso, longitudinal baffles use Flowgate technology to keep down insulation from migrating and leaving cold spots. The footbox also has these longitudinal baffles. Other well-designed features include an internal zippered stash pocket and dry bag compression sack for weatherproof storage and carrying.
- Rated to negative 17 degrees Fahrenheit
- 800-fill European goose down insulation
- Hydrophobic down treatment (fluorocarbon-free)
- Pertex Endruance outer fabric & hood/foot lining
- Pertex Microlight body lining
- 3/4-length YKK #5 coil zipper closure
- Neck and face baffles with collar and drawcord hood
- Longitudinal torso baffles with Flowgate technology
- Internal stash pocket with YKK #3 coil zipper
- Dry bag compression sack included
- Item #RAB00BD
- [outer fabric] Pertex Endurance, [body lining] Pertex Microlight, [hood, foot lining] Pertex Endurance
- 800-fill European goose down
- hydrophobic down finish (fluorocarbon-free, developed with Nikwax), Pertex Endurance shell
- 3/4-length YKK #5 coil zipper
- Max User Height
- 6 ft 4 in
- Shoulder Circumference
- [shoulder width] 29.5 in
- Hip Circumference
- [hip width] 22.5 in
- Foot Circumference
- [foot width] 16 in
- Draft Tube
- YKK #3 coil zipper stash pocket
- Fill Weight
- 35.2 oz
- -17 F
- Storage Sack
- yes, included cotton storage sack
- Stuff Sack
- yes, dry bag compression
- Stuff Size
- 13.8 in
- Recommended Use
- alpine & expedition
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
April 14, 2016
Hand Filled in Derbyshire
Sleeping bags are firmly where we started and they remain a core part of our range to this day. Back in the 1970's when Rab Carrington was making sleeping bags in Patagonia, he probably didn't imagine that 40 years later sleeping bags with his name on them would be used all over the world in some of the most beautiful yet hostile environments. To this day, we hand-fill our down insulated sleeping bags at our factory in Derbyshire, UK. This allows us to know for definite that, by the time our bags reach our customers, they have never been compressed or stored in a way which could be harmful for the down inside. By filling the bags in house, we can be completely sure that every down sleeping bag that leaves our factory will arrive to our customers in the best possible condition.