Christopher W.wrote a review of Black Diamond Covert Winter Pack - 1343-1953cu in on March 23, 2011
In general, love the pack.
- I can load it up for a longer tour or have it basically empty for a quick lap, and it tightens up well... and I barely notice it as I ski.
- Helmet attachment is simple and works well - keeps snow off the helmet without taking room in the pack.
- Hydration sleeve works with 70oz CamelBack bladder
Some improvements I'd like:
- Avy pocket needs to be taller. I've got the large, and I can't fit my Voile tele-pro shovel handle into the avy pocket; my probe fits, but just barely.
- Bigger hip-belt pockets. I'm a huge fan of hip-belt pockets for camera and food. These work, but just barely - I can fit a Clif bar plus a gel in a pocket, but that's about it. If they were about 50% larger (both a little longer and wider, but not deeper), they'd be perfect.