chris H.wrote a review of Camp Chef Deluxe Outdoor Camp Oven on February 16, 2018
Familiarity: I've used it several times
This oven was ok for approx 1 year.
Yesterday we tried to used it , but it ended up with an explosion. We connected the 1 pound container to the oven, then my wife turn it on, and instantly exploded and fire was everywhere inside and around it. I went right away to remove the propane tank and fire stopped.
After I looked and found the back connector, that the regulator get attached , was loose. It seems the gas leaked into the oven, and then at ignition it exploded.
This item is dangerous and it seems to be manufactured poorly, such a connection should never fail, because of such failures will leak gas and can create a dangerous situation, where people can get hurt. I assume a recall to this product its necessary and that connector needs to be redesigned for safety. I posted this information on Camp Chef website and they refused the review. Its unacceptable to refuse people right to share their experiences with this product. Is Chap Chef trying to hide the bad quality of their products?
I put water with soap around to find where it leaks ans in the picture , you can see the bad connection, where bubbles form, propane its heavier than air and indeed it sunk inside the oven, this facilitated the explosion.
I requested Backcountry customer support to file a safety complain for me, it might save other lives.