1. Wind proofing is excellent
2. Water proofing is excellent
3. Downfill is adequate and not excessive
1. Chilliwack - this is MUCH lighter, MORE breathable but LONGER in length (since there's no elastic fabric on the waist)
2. Hybridge jacket - WARMER, slightly loose, LONGER
I live Toronto,ON Canada where the winters are harsh and the weather can be unpredictable (just today it snowed followed by freezing rain hours later). I have used this jacket in milder temps (up to 10c/50f) and harsh temps as low as -20c or -4f and found the jacket to be versatile. Suffice to say it'll protect you from varying elements. Lots of pockets which is a plus. Packability is also a plus.
Now for the cons:
1. It's not really slim cut. I'm 5'7, 150lbs and the Small is still a bit roomy. BACKCOUNTRY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE carry sizes up to XS (I saw that the CanadaGoose website carries up to XXS).
2. I wore a Black polo shirt today and saw some small feathers that stuck on my shirt. They're tiny feathers but it's a sign that there's some leaking happening. I think I may have to send it back if this still continues until March (It's January at the moment when the weather is harsh).
This is not a con (yet) but the fabric appears to be very thin. I believe if you get caught on a surface with rough edges the fabric will rip. Only time will tell (hopefully not).
I personally have not adjusted the hood and the waist elastic to conform to my body so I cannot comment on the adjustability. I got this in Red and yes it does attract attention.
Reason for 4 stars: the fit. If it were a TRUE slim fit I would've given is 5 stars. This is true to size in my opinion.