Patrick Goodmanwrote a review of Outdoor Research Diode Hooded Down Jacket - Men's on December 12, 2016
Familiarity: I've used it several times
Fit: True to size
If you are looking for a big lofty, overstuffed puffy, this jacket might not be for you…But hang on a second…If you want a very warm, somewhat fitted, compressible jacket that can be used as both a mid and outer layer, look no further!! This thing is a workhorse!
I find the fit to be true if not a tad snug—I’m 5.9, 167 lbs with a 40” chest and have a medium. You might consider ordering a large if you want more layering room.
You can read through the product description to get the tech-specs and whatnot, but the features that really stand out to me are:
• Sheds light rain; heavy rain or all day mist will start to seep but, I’ve gotten it pretty wet and the down never clumped—dries fast, overall pretty impressive in this regard.
• Thoughtfully reinforced high-wear spots, yet this jacket still maintains a light-weight build.
• Two-way zippers.
• Pocket stuff sack (a must for any belay/bivy jkt).
• The hood is huge, fits a climbing helmet, but also cinches down comfortably.
• Huge internal pockets (another must for gloves and those times you need to put a hot-water bottle inside your coat).
• The wire brim in the hood is super thick, and surprisingly effective in keeping warmth in.
• Outstanding mobility due in part to the slight form-fit.