Matthew Agarwalawrote a review of Marmot CWM EQ Sleeping Bag: -40 Degree Down on May 12, 2010
This is the perfect cold weather bag. When paired with the Exped downmat 9 you are ready to take on the coldest weather on earth.
1. Super warm
2. im 6'1 and there is enough room for me to dry damp clothes at the bottom of the bag (i got the long)
3. foot box is comfortable and warm
4. WATERPROOF shell is amazing. I don't have to be constantly concerned about keeping the down dry - i know it's safe. Condensation inside the tent while in the north east is no longer an issue. I get all the comfort and warmth and weight savings of down with out the risks.
5. windproof shell is really nice on mt. washington, NH and in rocky mountain bivy nights
6. hood is comfortable and warm
7. fabric is pretty downproof
1. draw cord system for the draft collar is a pain to use
2. its expensive, but from backcountry and marmot it is a once in a lifetime investment (i bought mine with a 20% sale/coupon)
1. the bag dries out quickly
2. in really cold weather I like to pre warm the bag with hot water bottles (nalgenes)
3. zipper is pretty standard - snags a bit, but no more than most
I've used this bag in New Hampshire's White Mountains for week long trips on Mt. Washington and throughout the winters in Colorado's high country.