Mariuswrote a review of Arc'teryx Palisade Short - Men's on May 7, 2016
Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Fit: True to size
The Palisade short and pants were revised this year. I have a pair of the previous style and this is definitely an improvement all around:
- There is now one back pocket.
- All five pockets have zippers. The hand pockets were not zippered before.
- The hand pockets and the new back pocket now have meshes in them. I suppose this would help slightly with ventilation.
- The integrated belt metal buckle is new and it works much better than the old plastic one.
- The thigh pockets are now sown with a fold in the fabric which gives them room to expand.
- The fabric somehow feels a little smoother than before even though the label seems to indicate nothing has changed.
In short, a highly refined, technical, hiking short. They perform excellent.