Kathleen C.wrote a review of The North Face Fuse Brigandine Jacket - Women's on January 12, 2019
Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Fit: True to size
So, I am a jacket lover. And I thought that I had found the perfect jacket. It's so close, but for that high of a price, not close enough. I am really mad that they missed the mark on a couple key features because I really love the look of this jacket - and I have been jacket shopping ALL winter...
- fit is great, not too loose, not too tight. Length is perfect.
- color is GORGEOUS
- fabric and zippers would definitely keep you dry, it is Gore Tex, so it is kinda stiff and makes a little noise when you move.
- it does have lots of pockets! My most important feature.
- the front 2 hand pockets are gusseted and larger - just like I wanted for my snacks and flat water bottle
- there are pit zips, yay! and they do have mesh in them
- there is a sleeve pocket, so glad
- there are more than 2 chest pockets, with access from inside and outside on one of them - perfect.
So many pockets.
-really expensive, but I would have kept it anyway with a couple tweaks, because I know how hard it is to find a jacket with all the fit & features that I want.
- it does NOT have wrist gators. There is a little thumb loop inside the sleeve, but nothing to keep the snow and wind from coming in - except the normal velcro closure on the outside. This was a big no for me. (it says that it does in the description)
-it has 2 inside stash pockets. This was a HUGE selling point for me, BUT, North Face blew it, the stash pockets are shallow, and placed up so high in the jacket that if you put a pair of gloves inside, and you have any breasts, you cannot close the jacket comfortably... (you can close it, but, it's bulky...)
This was my biggest issue. I so wanted the 2 inside stash pockets. If North Face had just placed them a little lower, and made them a little deeper, they would have lined up with your waist. Then you could put a beanie, gloves, all kinds of things inside with no bulkiness at all. Really surprised that North Face didn't make this adjustment. And I am NOT a busty woman (34B)
- also, I knew that it was not insulated, but to be my ideal jacket, it would be nice to have a little bit of insulation. Just a little.
Hope this helps someone else make a decision.