Jeanywrote a review of The North Face Thermoball Utility Mid Boot - Women's on December 15, 2017
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These boots continue to disappoint me. I wonder what will happen next each time I put them on.
1. They SQUEAK so loudly with every step I take on almost every surface - wood floor, tile floor, sidewalk, wet and dry. I feel like a fool walking in these making such a ridiculous racket.
2. When walking in snow, clumps flip up off the back of the treads and end up deposited down the back of the boot. I was walking along in snow and gradually felt like the back of my calves and down to my heel were wet. I stuck my hand down the back and pulled out snow and felt my wet pants. Unbelievable.
3. Back of the boot digs into back of leg where the fabrics changes at the seam just above a little button-looking thing. Maybe this could be alleviated by tying them differently - tighter/ looser??
On the plus side
1. Easy to get on and off. I don't tie them every time. I slip my feet in and out.
2. They have been plenty warm. Never had cold feet in them.
I would absolutely return them and tried to but it's past the date.