JTwrote a review of Marmot PreCip Eco Jacket - Men's on April 30, 2019
Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Fit: True to size
Ahhh, the Marmot Preclip. I had been researching this jacket a while back when I needed a rain jacket. Fortunately, I was given this product from Backcountry to review, though this review is my personal opinion about this jacket and nothing else.
When I was originally looking for a rain jacket, the Marmot Preclip Eco Jacket was at the top of my list due to its high ratings (for the price) across many review sites, such as Outdoor Gear Lab. Here is a quick rundown of pros and cons that I think will help you decide if it is right for you:
- It is light
- Seems fairly durable
- Fits a bit loose, which could be suitable for people who need more room to move around or those who are a bit heavier than I am (I am 6 foot and 170lbs, fairly lengthy, and chose a Large, which was perfect for me)
- I have long arms and the length of the arms fit perfect for me at this size (see photos). Good for biking in the rain given the nice arm length it has.
- Not too expensive
- Good breathability
- It has an old school feel to it in terms of fit, where it is a bit baggier and the functions of it are pretty classic (such as a velcro flap over the front zipper and a roll up hood)
- It does not come with a packing pouch like others I have seen
- I wish it had more reflective options
- Kind of basic overall, but hey, that is not necessarily a bad thing for a rain jacket
Overall, I think the Marmot Preclip Eco is a solid choice for anyone needing a quick rain jacket without breaking the bank. I think it is solid for someone looking for a classic rain jacket for an acceptable price. Thought I have not used it in any crazy rain storms, I am sure it will hold up very well and last quite some time.