Frank Z.wrote a review of MSR WhisperLite Stove on December 7, 2013
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a great little bullet-proof stove. You cannot go wrong with this purchase. It may not be the lightest or most compact stove you can purchase, but like the watch, it takes a licking but keeps on ticking! We have used these for hundreds of my Scout Troop's backpacking trips and I just purchased this one for personal use.
- we do preventative maintenance once a year to keep them ticking
- Can't speak for fuel efficiency as these are all I have ever used.
- One medium MSR bottle easily lasts an entire weekend for our group of 7-10 backpackers for two meals a day.
- We use them to straight up boil water and also to cook pots of pasta or rice dishes and it works great
- It can be a bit finicky in colder temps, but they have never failed us. But then that may just be the fact of teenagers using it! LOL
Buy this stove with confidence!