Fran Ferrantewrote a review of Patagonia Lightweight Travel 22L Tote on January 31, 2019
I received the lightweight travel tote today, on schedule as promised by Backcountry. I had purchased 3 other bags (not Patagonia) through Amazon, and returned them all. This item meets all the requirements I had, and I trust that it will live up to the usual durability of a Patagonia product. So, if you need the following as I did, this is the one for you too:
1. Packable and lightweight;
2. Convertible from handles to backpack straps;
3. Hideable backpack straps;
4. Backpack straps separate from tote handles so they were not too far apart, i.e. so I can swing this over one shoulder using the backpack straps together if need be.
5. Outside zippered pocket;
6. Inside zippered pocket;
7. Side mesh pocket (this has 2!) for a water bottle and then some as there are 2.
8. An open space without a laptop sleeve to block up the space (I want to use this on flights as my underseat item so it needs to hold my smaller sling bag and leave room for 3 in 1 bag, book, etc.
9. High quality water resistant fabric.
10. Comfortable to wear on the back.
That is it. This is the one!