Select Style & Size
Sonic Ergo 50a Clip-On Aerobar
The Sonic Ergo 50a Clip-On Aerobar from Profile Design improves upon its popular J2 bar providing a wider range of fit, all while coming in at an impressive price point. Its Ergo armrests offer an impressive range of adjustments for increasing rider comfort and efficiency while comfortably supporting the forearms. We all know that aerobars help decrease your frontal area, thus reducing drag but what's equally important is putting the rider in an efficient position that you can comfortably stay in.
This bar makes it easy to achieve this as the extension length and rotation can be easily adjusted using just the top bolt. Profile claims they're 100 distinct position options achievable just by moving the armrests, and when you combine that with the risers, that number jumps to 1500 possible configurations. That doesn't even take into account the extension width and tilt adjustability afforded by its clip-on design.
The bars get their name from the extensions having a 50-degree ski-bend shape. This affords a comfortable and aero position that lets you put the power down. Lastly, the Sonic Ergo 50a Clip-On Aerobar offers a 7.5mm lateral shift per side letting you get your hands narrower or wider without tilting the extensions so much that the shifters touch.
- Multi-position aluminum aerobars for tri's and time trial
- Aluminum construction keeps the design strong yet light
- Ski-bend shape provides a comfortable, aero fit
- Highly-adjustable design allows you to achieve fit and drag reduction
- Forearm pads are more supportive for longer events
- Item #PRD0039
- 31.8 mm, [with shims] 26.0 mm
- 124 - 290mm in 18.5mm steps (with extensions at 100mm)
- 60 - 70mm in 5mm increments
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3.7oz (559g)
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
September 21, 2019
Great aero bars
- I've used it several times
Love 'em. These are terrific bars. Flexible and easy setup, sturdy, and good finish. First time aero user and it really works a different set of muscles.