Select Style & Size
58/TwentyFour Carbon Clincher Wheelset V2
Long known for its aero bars and wind-cutting triathlon accessories, Profile Design has expanded its reach over the past few years to include aerodynamic carbon wheels. The 58/TwentyFour Carbon Clincher Wheelset combines Profile's long-established expertise in aerodynamics and reputation for durability to give any road or time trial bike a fast, smooth ride towards whatever finish line you choose.
Profile collaborated with specialists in Computation Fluid Dynamics to analyze wind tunnel data and determine the best rim shape to achieve low drag and solid handling in crosswinds. To replicate real-world situations, the engineers even mapped out weather data from recent high-level cycling and triathlon events to recreate those wind conditions in the tunnel. The result of all this work is a wheel that isn't just fast in the virtual lab world—it's fast out on the pavement in real-world wind conditions too.
The name tells you a lot about these wheels. The 58 references a 58-millimeter medium dish, aerodynamic rim with an external width of 24.5-millimeters to straighten the tire's sidewalls for a plusher ride with less rolling resistance. The rim itself has a slightly curved side and rounded spoke-facing edge that manages the lateral force of crosswinds for better stability than traditional airfoil rims.
Profile uses its own high Tg point resin on the carbon braking surface for a claimed 30-percent increase in heat capacity compared to other high Tg resins used in the industry for carbon braking surfaces. This means, in theory, these wheels have better, more consistent braking across changing conditions and long descents than the competition. Ultimately, you'll be able to stop when you need to, regardless of the weather or how long and fast a descent is.
The other half of the name references Profile's TwentyFour Series hubs. They're made of forged and machined 6061-T6 aluminum for a durable, strong, and stiff hub body. The freehub is machined from 7001-T6 aluminum and then shot-peened hard anodized for a claimed 18-percent increase in strength over standard aluminum freehubs. This helps prevent the cassette from digging into the hub body or moving unnecessarily, which means crisper shifting and more efficient power transfer for a quiet, fast ride. You'll stay in the zone 'till you hit the finish line without any distracting drivetrain noise or shifting issues.
With the purchase of this 58/TwentyFour Carbon Clincher V2 Wheelset, you'll get Profile Designs valve extenders, rim tape, quick-release skewers, carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series brake pads, as well as two extra spokes and nipples.
- Medium dish, aerodynamic wheels for road and triathlon racing
- 58mm depth for aerodynamics without being unstable in crosswinds
- CFD ensures stability and speed of wheels in real-world scenarios
- 24.5mm depth for less rolling resistance and a smooth, plush ride
- High Tg point resin for 30% increase in heat capacity while braking
- Includes carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series brake pads
- TwentyFour Series hubs of forged, machined 6061-T6 aluminum
- Freehub compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed cassettes
- Item #PRD002U
- Rim Material
- carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- Tire Type
- Rim Depth
- 58 mm
- Rim Width
- [internal] 17 mm, [external] 24.5 mm
- Brake Compatibility
- high Tg resin rim brake surface, carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series pads (included)
- sealed cartridge bearings
- Front Axle
- 9-millimeter quick-release
- Rear Axle
- 130-millimeter quick-release
- Profile Designs quick-release skewers included
- Sapim CX Ray Aero (straight-pull, bladed)
- Spoke Nipple
- 7075 alloy Polyax Double Square
- Spoke Count
- [front/rear] 20/24
- Max Rider Weight
- 220 lb
- Claimed Weight
- [front wheel] 770 g, [rear wheel] 925 g, [wheelset] 1695 g
- Recommended Use
- road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 year limited
What do you think about this product?