Select Style & Size
38 TwentyFour Carbon Clincher Wheelset V2
If you walked into any high-end bike shop in the '90s, you'd see the Profile Design logo prominently displayed as the premiere brand for aero bars and wind-cutting triathlon accessories. Since then, Profile has expanded its offerings with additional componentry, including wheels. With the 38/TwentyFour Carbon Clincher Wheelset, Profile Design combines its expertise in aerodynamics with a reputation for durability to deliver a solid all-rounder that can climb quickly, corner confidently, and carry speed with less effort.
Profile's engineers camped out in the wind tunnel with Computation Fluid Dynamics specialists to analyze testing data and determine the best rim shape for low drag and solid crosswind handling. To replicate real-world situations, they even mapped out weather data from recent high-level cycling and triathlon events to recreate those wind conditions in the tunnel. The result of all this work is a wheel that isn't just fast in the virtual lab—it's fast out on the pavement in real-world wind conditions.
The specs are in the name with these wheels. The 38/TwentyFours feature a 38-millimeter rim that provides just enough aerodynamics to slice through the wind while maintaining a relatively low profile in crosswinds, so you're not blown from side to side. Additionally, they feature slightly curved sides with a rounded spoke-facing edge that manages the lateral force of crosswinds for better stability than traditional airfoil rims.
Profile uses its own high Tg point resin on the carbon braking surface for a claimed 30-percent increase in heat capacity, when compared to other high Tg resins used in the industry. This means, in theory, these wheels have better, more consistent braking across changing conditions and long descents than the competition. So put away the hourly temperature reports and radar forecasts and go out and ride with confidence that you'll be able to stop at a moment's notice in any weather without risking a catastrophic rim failure.
The other side of the name references Profile's TwentyFour Series hubs. They're made of forged and machined 6061-T6 aluminum for a durable and stiff hub body. The freehub is machined from 7001-T6 aluminum, then shot-peened hard anodized to increase strength by a claimed 18-percent over standard aluminum freehubs. This prevents the cassette from digging into the hub body or moving unnecessarily, which means crisper shifts and more efficient power transfer.
Please note, the 38 TwentyFour Carbon Clincher Wheelset V2 includes Profile Design rim tape, quick-release skewers, carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series brake pads, bladed spoke tool, plus two extra spokes and nipples.
- Workhorse carbon wheels for road cycling in all conditions
- 38mm depth for aerodynamics, improved crosswind stability
- CFD ensures stability and speed of wheels in the real world
- 24.5mm depth for less rolling resistance and a smoother ride
- High Tg point resin for 30% increase in braking heat capacity
- Includes carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series brake pads
- TwentyFour Series hubs of forged, machined 6061-T6 aluminum
- Freehub compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed cassettes
- Item #PRD002Y
- Rim Material
- unidirectional carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- 700 c
- Tire Type
- Rim Depth
- 38 mm
- Rim Width
- [internal] 17 mm, [external] 24.5 mm
- Brake Compatibility
- carbon rim braking surface with high Tg point resin, carbon-specific P220 TwentyFour Series pads (included)
- 6061-T6 alloy body, 7001-T6 alloy freehub, sealed cartridge bearings
- Front Axle
- 9 mm quick-release
- Rear Axle
- 130 mm quick-release
- front and rear quick-release skewers included
- Sapim CX-Ray Aero
- Spoke Nipple
- 7075 alloy Polyax Double Square
- Spoke Count
- [front/rear] 20/24
- Max Rider Weight
- 220 lb
- Claimed Weight
- [front] 695 g, [rear] 915 g, [wheelset] 1610 g
- Recommended Use
- road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 2 years
What do you think about this product?