Select style & size:Select options
Taking its name from the imposing peak located behind Whistler that contains maybe the biggest couloirs in the valley, the Prior Fissile Snowboard helps you get after it with a longboard-inspired shape that turns on an absolute dime. With a pointy nose, tapered, directional shape, and 6.5m turning radius, the Fissile lets you surf waves of pow like you would the ocean—producing face shot after face shot—and keeps you floating over thigh-deep snow with minimal effort.
Since the elongated nose doesn't touch down unless you're truly in the deep stuff, we recommend you ride the Fissile about 8-10 centimeters longer than what you usually ride. The Powder Rocker hybrid profile employs camber underfoot to maintain edgehold and response on windblown slopes and exposed big mountain lines, while the huge rockered nose planes over fresh powder with ease. Triax glass gives the Fissile a medium flex for stable and powerful control when arcing turns and dropping cliffs, while maintaining a surfy feel for slashing low-angle powder in the trees.
- Pow board for surfing deep snow with precise control
- Huge rockered nose and tapered shape keep you afloat
- Short radius provides tight turns and nimble maneuvering
- Hybrid profile with camber underfoot for edgehold and response
- Medium flex blends stability with easy surfing
- Aspen and poplar core is lightweight, lively, and strong
- Sintered Durasurf base withstands abuse and keeps you fast
- Item #PSA001U