Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
SNAP Modular Headlamp Kit
There's not a lot you can't do with the award-winning SNAP Modular Headlamp Kit by Princeton Tec. This American-made headlamp features the reliable, high-quality LED power you love and need whether you're on the trail after sundown or setting up camp, but in the end it's so much more than a headlamp. The SNAP's head unit is removable for handheld operation, if that happens to be your preferred M.O., but also includes an assortment of accessories that adapt the light to your needs. A magnetic end on the lamp lets you stick the SNAP to a metal wall or fixture—a handy tool for your garage or when fixing a recreational vehicle—while the included carabiner lets you hang the SNAP from your tent, and a bike mount makes for easy attachment to your handlebars when headed out on an evening ride. With so much versatility built into the SNAP, you might not ever need another portable light source.
- A versatile light source for hiking, cycling, and so much more
- Includes carabiner and handlebar attachment for multi-use function
- Magnetic end allows you to attach the light to a metal surface
- Multiple modes and dimming all easily controlled by a single button
- Water-resistant design can handle light rain or quick puddle drops
- This New Jersey-based company has been making headlamps since 1975
- Item #PRT001X
- Q & A
Great except for magnet
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I had this light and for two weeks it worked great. I used it as both as a flashlight and a bike light and it functioned very well. However, I had it clipped to the outside of a backpack for easy access and sometime within a normal day of walking around (no running/extreme bouncing on backpack) it fell out of the magnetic holster. A real bummer because I loved it otherwise. I would recommend not trusting the magnet too much if you have this system.