Select Style & Size
Ventral Air Spin NFC Helmet
The Ventral Air SPIN is a next generation performance helmet that keeps you thinking cool when the pressure mounts. POC is known for their over-sized venting holes — think back to the award-winning POC Octal — and the SPIN proudly continues this effective design for 2020. Any skepticism regarding the visually peculiar design is quickly exhausted during warm days where the ride route shapes a love-hate relationship with the little ring and offers only a smattering of trees for shade cover. The upgraded ports and channels on the ventral side of the SPIN funnel air below the ceiling of the helmet, maximizing air movement over the head and reduce the buildup of warm air against the scalp.
Venting and aerodynamics in helmet design are traditional examples of compromise with one trait presumably being favored in the end at the expense of the other. Venting is paramount on warm summer days, and yet sprinters are regularly seen slamming down vent-covers in search of critical speed during the dash for the line. However, with the SPIN, POC improves aerodynamic performance in tandem with enhanced ventilation by incorporating a trailing edge that smooths and elongates air as it exits the rear exhaust ports. Such a feat of engineering earned POC the coveted Design and Innovation award. So whether you're climbing in oven-like summers, sprinting for victory in the state champ's crit, or breaking away from the pack for solo-glory in a road-race, the SPIN is ready to perform.
- A cooling spin on performance-tuned road cycling helmets
- Redesigned vents channel airflow for heat loss on hot days
- Improved aerodynamics appeal to speed-centric racers
- Unibody shell with optimized density disperses impact forces
- Flip and stow shades into the eye garage for coffee stop photo ops
- POC continues a long trend of harmonizing safety and performance
- Item #POCZ184
- Shell Material
- PC (fully wrapped unibody)
- Impact Foam
- EPS liner
- internal channels
- Fit Adjustment
- 360 degree size adjustment, adjustable anchor straps
- EN 1078, CPSC 12.03, AS/NZ 2063
- Claimed Weight
- [small] 245g, [medium] 265g, [large] 295g
- Recommended Use
- commuting, cross-country, cruising, cyclocross, gravel, mud/sand/snow, road cycling, trail, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
July 3, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 205 lbs
I'm not sure if I'll actually use the medical chip. I just thought this was the nicest looking color scheme. I wanted flat black but like the added visibility the white gives the helmet and although it is just a plastic bicycle helmet, it looks stunning. The quality of the finish is outstanding. It's also quite comfortable. I wore it for a couple hours today and it's hard to even notice it's there. It's very hot right now and I don't think the helmet made the ride any hotter at all. My one small gripe is the sunglass dock could be better. My glasses were moving around and it made me nervous. I wouldn't be very happy if I broke my $200 glasses because they fell out. I don't think it will be a problem on the road but I don't trust it on trails. Still gave a 5 star rating because it's a small issue and the helmet is that nice.