Select style & size:Select options
Keep protection on the down low.
Forget wearing bulky pads or restrictive downhill armor when you're simply pedaling down your favorite patch of dirt and woodland trails. Instead, rock the low-profile back protection of the POC Spine VPD Air 8 Backpack on your next trail ride. This everyday trail pack features integrated back protector that's neither obstructive nor bulky, giving you peace of mind without holding you back from ripping singletrack at high speeds.
The back protector is certified to EN 1621-2 level 1 standards, which is a European standard for impact forces under 9kN (kilo-newtons). Ultimately, this means it'll soften the sting of everyday spills along your sensitive spine region. However, note that it'll lack the hardcore protection of rigid back pads, albeit with a major increase in overall comfort and flexibility.
- Compact trail pack with integrated back protection
- Meets EN 1621-2 level 1 standards for light protection
- Lightweight, low-profile fit for flexibility on the trail
- Breathable straps bolster the pack and increase ventilation
- Compatible with hydration reservoirs up to 3 liters
- Integrated pockets for smartphone and multi-tool
- Item #POC00BA
- Q & A
There's better trail bags
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The fit on this guy is a little weird. I like the idea of eliminating the waist strap, but this one has a double rib strap that really makes me miss the waist strap. It bounces up a lot when you're bouncing down the trail.