Up To 60% Off
Why We Like The Switchblade Ride GX/X01 Mountain Bike
We’d categorize the Switchblade Ride GX/X01 Mountain Bike as a mid-travel rig that feels every bit as nimble and reactive as a short-travel bike when climbing and maneuvering rolling terrain. But when we point it down steep and technical trails, its 142mm of DW-Link suspension provides all of the bottom-out forgiveness and rock-gobbling traction that we could possibly need. The beauty of DW-Link is its supportive feel that lets the rider sit high in the travel for undulating terrain, yet offers incredible rear-wheel traction in the mid and end stroke when the descent starts to get fast and loose.
Pivot kept the head tube angle in line with modern trends on this mid-travel 29er, only it’s slightly towards the steeper end of the spectrum at 66 degrees in the low setting. This makes it extremely reactive for jibbing off every trailside takeoff in sight, or navigating the tight switchbacks that can be found near Pivot’s HQ in Phoenix. The Ride GX/X01 Build offers high-quality components from SRAM, including a hybrid GX and X01 Eagle drivetrain that offers lightweight, reliable performance. Bomber aluminum M1900 wheels from DT Swiss stand up to use and abuse on rowdy trails, and Fox Performance suspension components provide a wide range of adjustments to get you dialed in.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Quiver killer mid-travel trail bike for hot laps and alpine epics
- 142mm of DW-Link travel supplies predictable rear-wheel traction
- Fox Performance 36 fork provides enduro-ready descending
- X01/GX groupset provides crisp shifting and lightweight components
- Steep 76-degree seat tube angle provides an efficient climbing position
- Code R brakes keep us stopping on a dime on fast flow trails
- Grippy Maxxis rubber with EXO+ casing keeps us locked into corners
- 29in wheels hold momentum and provide excellent roll-over capabilities
- Item #PIV1WZQ
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov