Petzl blew the climbing community away with the first generation of the Sirocco. Like the Grigri, climbers were blown away by the helmet's comfortable convenience and reliable safety. And just like the Grigri 2 and Grigri +, the new Sirocco Helmet is now even safer and more convenient than before. A hybrid of sorts, the Sirocco now features a polycarbonate crown to handle falling rocks a little better, while the expanded polypropylene foam takes the impact when you go for the whip.
- Redesigned version of Petzl's popular Sirocco climbing helmet
- Top polycarbonate shell handles falling rocks better
- Expanded foam helps absorb impact when you fall
- Wide holes offer excellent ventilation
- Adjustable headband and chinstrap with magnetic buckles
- Compatible with headlamps and Vizion eye shield
- Item #PTZ006T
- Shell Material
- expanded polypropylene [crown] polycarbonate [liner] expanded polystyrene, polyester webbing
- wide holes
- Fit Adjustment
- headband, chinstrap
- CE EN 12492, UIAA
- Claimed Weight
- [small/medium] 5.6oz, [medium/large] 5.9oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
March 10, 2023
Great, lightweight helmet
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
I love this helmet. It is extremely lightweight and you will forget that you're wearing it. The one downside is that is is basically just hardened foam and you need to baby it when not in use. You can't jam it into your pack or throw your pack down on top of it or it will smash. Once it's on your head- it's amazing. If you are reluctant to wear a helmet while climbing or belaying because they feel heavy, sweaty or clunky, this is the helmet you need because it is none of those.
October 1, 2022
Great lightweight helmet
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
Awesome climbing helmet. Very light and breathable! Fit is comfortable. First wore it for a climb of Petit Grepon, and I didn’t even notice the whole day.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A (BPA) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.