Nao + Headlamp
As if the Nao + Headlamp's reactive lighting technology wasn't enough, Petzl went ahead and added Bluetooth compatibility to add a lot more convenience whether you're mountaineering, trekking, backpacking, or trail running. In case you haven't heard, reactive lighting technology automatically adjusts the headlamp's brightness based off the distance between you and whatever you're looking at, so the headlamp will dim if you're staring at a close rock, and if you're looking far away, the headlamp will turn on its high beams.
This technology is so advanced that you might not want it in certain applications, so you can switch from reactive to standard lighting manually or through Bluetooth. The Nao's Bluetooth allows you to connect the headlamp to your smartphone's MyPetzl Light app (downloaded for free) to adjust lighting levels, check battery levels, and even create your own profile with preset lighting levels; for example, you might desire more or less light when you're climbing versus when you're trail running, and you can adjust the headlamp accordingly at the press of a button before you take off.
- Petzl's most advanced performance headlamp for mountain adventures
- Bluetooth connects to smartphone for lighting adjustments and more
- Reactive lighting automatically adjusts based off various distances
- Glove-friendly buttons assure ergonomics when you're on the wall
- Lock function prevents accidental turn-ons
- Removable battery eases recharging
- Item #PTZ006S
- Power Source
- 2600 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Batteries Included
- reactive, constant, Bluetooth manual adjustments
- [reactive] (max power) 750 (max autonomy) 320 [constant] (max power) 530 (max autonomy) 120
- [reactive] (max power) 140m (max autonomy) 85m [constant] (max power) 135m (max autonomy) 65m
- Burn Time
- [reactive] (max power) 6h 30min (max autonomy) 15h [constant] (max power) 1h 30min (max autonomy) 8h
- Regulated Voltage
- elastic, adjustable, additional top strap included
- IPX4 (water-resistant)
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- [lamp] 3 years [battery] 1 year
4 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 27, 2022
- I've used it several times
I bought this for my husband, who often goes for dawn patrols that start/end in the dark. He needed a very bright light for the downhill, and this light does just that! Once you figure it out, the app and light are easy to use. You can add multiple "profiles" for different activities (climbing, skiing, etc) through the app, which have some preset understandings for how the light should work and adjust in different conditions. That being said, sometimes it would be nice if this light would work like a "simple" headlamp and just have a button for on / off and different modes (low, medium, high light, strobe, etc). Took one star off for initial setup being more cumbersome than we'd prefer.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
January 13, 2021