Select style & size:Select options
Meteor Climbing Helmet
Go higher and ski deeper with the Petzl Meteor Helmet, designed specifically with ski mountaineering in mind. Large vents throughout the helmet help circulate air to keep your noggin cool while working through the crux sequence, and dual adjustments create space for adding a beanie when your core temp cools as you transition to ski out in late spring corn. Petzl worked to gain certifications for ski touring safety and lead falls while climbing to make this helmet the piece-de-la-resistance in any ski mountaineering setup.
- Ventilated, lightweight helmet for ascents in the alpine
- Large vents help air circulate in summer conditions
- Impact foam protects from whippers and rock fall
- Lightweight design adds minimal weight on the approach
- Headband cinches tight for optimal fit
- Item #PTZ008T
- Q & A
Almost perfect. Please change the buckle
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Almost perfect with one infuriating flaw: the magnetic buckle collects ferrous dust and prevents secure closure. Supposedly you can remove the magnet but you might break the buckle. I broke mine during normal use. I had it come unbuckled countless times over a year of use. Just replaced the buckle with a standard one from a backpack and now the helmet is pretty much perfect. Ideal combo of low weight, durability, and low cost.