Select a size:
Why We Like the Grigri Belay Device
Petzl's Grigri has become a standard in the climbing community over the past decade. Climbing gyms now test on them, and a lot of elite climbers rely on their belayers to use the Grigri for its dependable assisted braking and slack-feeding. Petzl simply nailed the balance between assisted braking and slack-feeding with this contemporary model of the Grigri Belay Device. For this newest model, Petzl expanded the rope diameter by optimizing the use specifically for ropes ranging from 8.5 to 11mm. After doing all the research, there really isn't a larger rope diameter ideal for ropes as skinny nor as thick as the modern Grigri. Compared to the Grigri+, this specific model is ideal for experienced belayers and advanced climbers.
- The new standard in assisted braking belay devices for climbing
- Larger rope diameter ideal for climbing ropes from 8.5mm to 11mm
- Durable stainless steel cam and friction plates stand up to years of use
- Ergonomic brake handle gives excellent control for lowering
- Item #PTZ008V
- (side plates) aluminum, (cam and friction plate) stainless steel, (handle) reinforced nylon
- cam-assisted blocking
- Rope Diameter
- 8.5 - 11mm
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
4.5 based on 39 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.